M-ATSWT-S: Current Topics in Software Technology
Software technology is in a constant flux: new tools, programming languages, and other forms of development infrastructure are constantly being developed to improve programmer productivity and software quality, and to address new requirements introduced by new forms of hardware and software, and by novel applications and software processes.
In this seminar, we explore some of the current topics in software technology, as well as older technologies that serve as foundations.
Topics for winter semester 13/14:
- Generative software technologies and aspect-oriented programming
- Refactoring tools
- Parallel programming languages
- Based on initial feedback as per mailing all participants, the language has been fixed to German. Please be advised that class materials will only be available in German.
Successful participants must:
- Attend the first meeting (introductory meeting)
- Develop a write-up to a selected topic
- Give a talk on the topic
- Attend the talks of other attendees and submit feedback notes for each talk
- Topics will be published before the introductory meeting Participants may select topics up to one week after the meeting but are advised to pick as early as possible. After the introductory meeting, topics will be handed out on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Office hours: Robert-Mayer-Str. 10, room 210a, Wednesdays 13:00--15:00
- Seminar location: Robert-Mayer-Str. 10, room 612
- Seminar times 14:00–19:00 am 15.10.2013 (introductory meeting), 26.11.2013, 10.12.2013, 21.01.2014, and 04.02.2014